Friday, April 3, 2015

#BecauseHeLives...


"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16).



Tad R. Callister gave a wonderful talk on the Atonement. Click on the following link to read it.
https://www.lds.org/church/news/christs-atonement-triumphed-over-four-obstacles?lang=eng&cid=email-shared

I also found an amazing message from Elder David A. Bednar that opened up my eyes to the character of Christ. You must read this. I don't have the link, so copy and paste in your browser.

http://www2.byui.edu/presentations/transcripts/religionsymposium/2003_01_25_Bednar.htm

"The first obstacle Christ's Atonement overcame was death." Tad R Callister


"Some may believe that their sins are too great for the Atonement to overcome them and help them. They have “innocently, but incorrectly, placed limits on the Savior’s redemptive powers,” - Tad R Callister 



“For every mortal inadequacy there is also a divine remedy,” Tad R Callister 






 Our mission is spending April 1-8 in a 'Week of Witnessing' 

Throughout the mission, our missionaries are handing out pass-along cards that invite others to view the video #BecauseHeLives.

At transfer day the huge campaign to spread #BecauseHeLives was presented to the missionaries.  They were all on board and have become very creative in opportunities to share thousands upon thousands of pass along cards.

The mission had these high quality banners created. Each zone has one and they are standing at robots, in malls, along the sides of streets, at KFC restaurants (they got permission!), holding mini concerts at robots, and many other unique forms of sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We are so proud of our unwavering, dedicated, and brave missionaries. 


Just take a minute to explore the Atonement and "See what's possible in your life..."

Please watch this powerful video.

The last week of Jesus Christ’s life changed the world forever. See how: http://mormon.org/easter

..............................................................

My testimony of the Savior Jesus Christ is simply this;

'I Stand all Amazed'

1. I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me,

  1. Confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me.
    I tremble to know that for me he was crucified,
    That for me, a sinner, he suffered, he bled and died.
  2. (Chorus)
    Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me
    Enough to die for me!
    Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!
  3. 2. I marvel that he would descend from his throne divine
    To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine,
    That he should extend his great love unto such as I,
    Sufficient to own, to redeem, and to justify.
  4. 3. I think of his hands pierced and bleeding to pay the debt!
    Such mercy, such love and devotion can I forget?
    No, no, I will praise and adore at the mercy seat,
    Until at the glorified throne I kneel at his feet.
  5. Text and music: Charles H. Gabriel, 1856-1932

Have a Happy Easter, and please enjoy listening to General Conference on Saturday and Sunday.
Much love to you all! 


No comments:

Post a Comment